When it comes to hiring a removal company, one of the most frequently asked questions is whether or not they require a deposit or upfront payment. The answer to this question varies depending on the company you choose to work with, however, in this article our aim is to provide you with some clarification on what to expect when hiring a removal company.
Most companies will ask for a deposit around one week prior to the domestic removal to secure your booking. If a removal company is asking for the full payment upfront, this would be a red flag as it is not a standard practice. Every company sets its own rules and fees, so it’s essential to understand what you’re agreeing to by checking over the terms and conditions before signing a contract.
Should I pay the deposit (or full upfront cost) When Hiring A Removal Company.
Moving house can be an absolute nightmare filled with delays, the moving date provided by your estate agent is unstable as disruptions and unexpected issues can happen right up until the day of the move.
Removal companies have to cover themselves by asking for a deposit to try and avoid any last minute cancellations. Keep in mind the deposit they ask for should be reasonable as they know how unreliable moving dates can be, if they are asking for the payment in full before the job is complete or before the day of the move this may be a sign that they are not a reputable or trustworthy firm. That being said, if it is a large scale house removal or removals which require specialised lifting equipment then you may be asked for the full cost upfront.
When you are looking to hire a house removal company it is advisable to book them in once you have a date and time fixed with your estate agent, however, it’s a good idea to liaise with a removal company prior to having a fixed date so you can discuss their upcoming availability and moving options. Keep in mind, if you are looking for a removal service in Oxford, Fridays are always their busiest days.
Avoiding scams from removal companies
Unfortunately scammers operate in every field so you have to keep your wits about you at all times these days. Here are a few tips that’ll help you avoid cowboy removal companies:
● Do your research: Before hiring a removal company, take the time to research the company thoroughly. Look for reviews from previous customers on different websites including Trustpilot, Google Customer reviews, and even Facebook.
● Get multiple quotes: Getting quotes from multiple removal companies can help you compare prices and services. Be wary of any company that offers a significantly lower price than others, as this could be a red flag.
● Check for hidden fees: Make sure you understand all the fees involved before hiring a removal company. Don’t be afraid to ask for a full breakdown if one is not offered to avoid this.
● Avoid paying upfront: Be cautious of companies that require full payment upfront or a large deposit. Reputable removal companies usually ask for payment upon completion of the job.
● Ask for a written contract: A written contract will outline all the details of the job, including the price, services, and any terms and conditions. Make sure to read and understand the contract before signing it.
● Trust your instincts: If something doesn’t feel right or you have any doubts about a removal company, trust your instincts and look for another company
At Bellview Transport we have over 30 years experience in domestic removals. We are known for our professionalism and attention to detail when it comes to offering a removal service in Oxford. We are fully insured for any unexpected accidents that may unfortunately occur during the moving process. We can also store your items for you until you find space for them in our secure warehouse.
Bellview Transport Is Here For You
Bellview Transport always puts its customer first and we understand how important your possessions are to you. We are passionate about our city and surrounding areas and know all the shortcuts to help make your move fast and efficient, without compromising on the quality of service we deliver. We understand how stressful moving house can be so get in touch with us today so we can unload some of that stress for you. Give our friendly team a call on 01865 744993 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, fill out our quick contact form and we will be in touch at a time to suit you.